Welcome to the first edition of Cine-Munchies, where we take our movie and food inspired designs and turn them into delicious dishes to enjoy while watching your favorite flick. Our first contributor is none other than one of our founding fathers, Gene Dolce. Here he walks you through making Ectoplasm (a.k.a. Ghost Slime) Toast, an ode to Toastbusters and the perfect brunch dish while you re-watch Ghostbusters for the 500th time.
- Long slice of fresh Italian bread
- 3 eggs
- Jalapeños (preferably brined not raw)
- Grated Parmesan
- Sliced cheddar cheese
- Whole milk
- Crushed red peppers
- Olive oil
- Crack 3 eggs into a bowl then add the garlic, salt, pepper, crushed red peppers, Parmesan cheese, and a splash of whole milk. Scramble the eggs with a fork and set aside.
- Take your bread, butter it, and get it in the toaster oven set to the "toast" option. Once you see the bread getting browned, take the sliced cheddar cheese, lay it down on the bread, and bake until melted.
- Get a pan at medium heat and butter it down. Pour your eggs in and utilize a spatula to keep the eggs moving so they don’t get stuck to the pan. Cook the eggs to preference (i.e. runny or well done).
- Once the eggs are done, place them onto the toasted bread.
- Get another small pan and pour a little olive oil along with a little bit of the brine from the jalapeño jar into it. Then throw in a handful jalapeños and sauté them until they get hot. Place on top of the eggs.
- Now take your pesto (store bought or homemade - pine nuts, garlic, Parmesan cheese, salt, olive oil, and basil blended) and give a good portion dressed up and down the eggs.
- If you like an extra spice you can add hot sauce or ketchup to preference.
- Kick back and enjoy!
Ectoplasm (a.k.a. Ghost Slime) Toast pairs great with a Toastbusters t-shirt or tank top. Pick up your own Toastbusters t-shirt below or check out the Movie The Food - Toastbusters collection to get yours today!